Rehabilitative Therapy by a Physical Therapist
The Physical Therapist will focus on helping your regain or improve your musculoskeletal functions – such functions may be affected by an injury or as a result of a health conditions that reduce your mobility. The care plan will be tailored to your recovery goals and may include fittings for mobility adaptive devices or prosthetics.
- Therapeutic Exercises – to enhance endurance, trunk and extremity strength, joint motion range, balance, and general reconditioning
- Bed Mobility and Transfer Practices – to allow patients move as freely as possible in their own environment
- Massage – to decrease muscle spasm, pain, edema, and improve flexibility
- Patient Education – about their medical diagnosis and prognosis
- Family Education – to teach family members with basic skills in regards to physical therapy